Welcome to the official website of the Federation of City Sabhas, Chennai.
The Federation of City Sabhas is a Society registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975. The Federation was founded in the late 1970s by some of the prominent Sabhas in the City of Chennai.
- Brahma Gana Sabha
- Karthik Fine Arts
- Narada Gana Sabha
- Rasika Ranjani Sabha
- Sri Krishna Gana Sabha
- Sri Parthasarathy Swami Sabha
- Sri Thyaga Brahma Gana Sabha
- To foster a good and healthy relationship amongst various cultural institutions, Sabhas and other organizations involved in promotion of Fine Arts, such as, music, dance and drama and to promote interaction and encourage good relations between various performing artistes and the Sabhas and between Sabhas and patrons of the performing arts.
- To spread Indian cultural and classical art forms and for achieving the said object to establish, maintain, run, develop and improve, extend, grant education and assist in the establishment, maintenance, running, developing, improving, extension of schools, workshops, seminars, programs, cultural festivals, etc.
- To establish, maintain or acquire library or libraries for the benefit of the artistes and patrons of art.
- To institute and award scholarship for the Higher study and research for all or any of the aforesaid educational purposes.
- To acquire, establish, start, aid, run, maintain or manage music, dance and drama schools for the benefit of the public.
- To arrange and organize lectures, debates, discussions and seminars for the diffusion of knowledge.
- To publish or cause to be published useful literatures, papers, magazines, books and also electronic media.
- To study, cultivate and demonstrate the art of music, drama and dancing.
- To promote and encourage advancement of literary, cultural, religious, scientific and technical education particularly in relation to Indian Arts and Culture.
- To help the needy students of all communities for the promotion of performing arts, including music, dance and drama.
- To collect and preserve manuscripts, sound recordings, video recordings of various artistic works, especially in the field of Carnatic music, Bharathanatyam and Tamil Drama.
- To provide financial and medical assistance to the aged artistes and help the aged, sick, helpless and indigent persons.
With the ever-changing needs of institutions and persons involved in the arts, the Federation hopes to create and maintain a conducive atmosphere for the propagation and growth of Indian Arts and Culture.